Classroom Assessment Makeover Challenge: Session 3
About The Presenter
Dr. Bernard Bull has served at all leadership levels in higher education. He embraces “thinking and learning” as his primary calling in life and has spent a career innovating and inspiring around these topics. Dr. Bull is also a noted blogger. His site, etale.org, is on the forefront of educational innovation, entrepreneurship, and culture. Dr. Bull has leveraged his digital presence to become an in-demand, keynote speaker and consultant.
- What are the benefits and limitations of portfolio assessment?
- How do you plan for using portfolio assessment in a course or program?
- What is competency-based education?
- How can I design quality rubrics?
- How can I leverage principles of competency-based or standards-based education in my course, program or learning organization to provide rich and meaningful feedback?
Dr. Bernard Bull’s final part of the Classroom Makeover Challenge sessions dives into the importance of portfolio assessment, competency and standards based assessment, and rubric design tips. In detail, you will follow along his presentation as he discusses types of portfolios and building one, breaking down student’s grades into standards and competencies to focus on their strengths and limitations, and how to design checklists and rubrics to set up for successful feedback and assessment in your classroom.