Classroom Assessment Makeover Challenge: Session 2
About The Presenter
Dr. Bernard Bull has served at all leadership levels in higher education. He embraces “thinking and learning” as his primary calling in life and has spent a career innovating and inspiring around these topics. Dr. Bull is also a noted blogger. His site, etale.org, is on the forefront of educational innovation, entrepreneurship, and culture. Dr. Bull has leveraged his digital presence to become an in-demand, keynote speaker and consultant.
- What are the affordances of narrative feedback?
- How can I provide meaningful and substantive narrative feedback?
- When is peer assessment (or workshopping) an appropriate means of assessment?
- What factors/variables/resources need to be present in order for this type of assessment to be valuable/valid?
- How can self-assessment foster learning?
- How can we equip/prepare students to benefit from and engage in self-assessment?
Dr. Bernard Bull’s second part of his Classroom Makeover Challenge sessions covers narrative feedback and peer and self-assessment. In the video, he will walk you through his presentation to explore the details of each and how they coincide with a classroom assessment makeover.