Classroom Assessment Makeover Challenge: Session 1
About The Presenter
Dr. Bernard Bull has served at all leadership levels in higher education. He embraces “thinking and learning” as his primary calling in life and has spent a career innovating and inspiring around these topics. Dr. Bull is also a noted blogger. His site, etale.org, is on the forefront of educational innovation, entrepreneurship, and culture. Dr. Bull has leveraged his digital presence to become an in-demand, keynote speaker and consultant.
- Why do we need more than the letter grade system when it comes to assessment & feedback?
- What is the difference between formative and summative assessment ?
- What is the difference between grading and assessment?
- What happens when formative assessment is absent?
- What are the benefits of emphasizing formative assessment?
- How can we make our assessments meaningful and authentic?
Dr. Bernard Bull, author, speaker, and educational thought leader, opens up the Classroom Makeover Challenge sessions with the power of the possibility of an assessment makeover. Follow along the video as he guides you through his presentation to teach you both the benefits and questionable uses of letter grades with students and begins to touch on the different levels of assessment.